Sunday, September 1, 2013

#84 session

Light tube... hmm, it's going well?  It has been challenging in a rather sporadic way.  I'm not sure whether that's a result of changes in my vision.  I am noticing rapid changes in my vision.  I'm definitely in a phase a rapid change.  So I notice that I'm fighting the hypertropia very significantly on some days, and not so much other days.  Last night it was pretty significant... this morning, not so much.  There's not much to report on the accommodation differences between each eye.  It's about the same.  I'm going to keep the Alpha Delta filters going for another three days, I'm thinking, until I switch to Mu Upsilon (the dark green filters).

Special Tetris went very well.  It's pretty exhausting to make the corrections.  After the first 45 minutes, I usually take a five minute break and cup my eyes with my palms.  Then I get back into it.  Sometimes I can't do another 45 minutes.  It's just too exhausting.  But yeah, I'm playing the game from pretty far away these days.  This game is just so well suited for vision therapy that it's ridiculous.  It's so easy to load the game.  To load it, you just sit back and play from a farther distance.  And then after that, the game naturally speeds up, and when the falling pieces speed up, it gets much more difficult and stressful on the eyes to make the required changes.  When I'm at around line 100, it's impossible for my lazy eye to adjust in time and get the falling pieces aligned with the stacking pieces.  But then when I finally die, it starts over again.  I just let the pieces fall naturally and I track them and make sure that they're falling in a grid pattern.  I never push the pieces down.  I never let myself forget that this is a vision therapy exercise--not a game.

At that slow initial pace, it's easy to align the pieces properly.  But it naturally and slowly gets faster and more challenging, slowly adding load to the workout.  Like I said, Tetris is beautifully suited as a vision therapy exercise.

I can notice as the day goes on that my vision very significantly improves and since I'm in a period of such rapid progress I can notice improvement on a daily basis.  So it's something that I can look forward to and think 'I wonder what the world is going to look like later in the day.'.

No comments:

Post a Comment