Thursday, September 19, 2013

#101 session

Columns are progressing, I think.  I've added a new type of mini-exercise within the main exercise.  As always I do some warmups with the main column sheet.  Then I go to to star-shaped sheet and focus near the center.  I hop and fix on letters near the center, switching from one eye to another.  And with each saccade I make, I pay attention to the whole star.  It seems like good exercise.

Special Tetris went alright.  I think suppression may be lowering still.  There isn't much cyclodeviation, but I have started to pay more attention to it to get it lower.

Saccades and Bouncy went well.  I've got to modify bouncy so that it goes faster and so the ball is bigger.  But I think Bouncy is a great addition to the regimen.

The light tube got my attention today.  I've lately been getting pretty frustrated with where I am.  I know that progress is moving along at a brisk pace, but I can't help but feel like I may never reach my goals, and I'm not where I should be.  When I looked into the light tube I noticed that I still have the out of sync accommodation problem, and I got frustrated by it, because it's still there, and I don't know how to get rid of it even after all of this time.  I tried doing the old fudging method by pulling the images apart and getting them accommodate, and then while keeping them accommodated, pulling them back together.  It seemed to work a little.  Then I thought about what others had said about trying to relax.  So I tried that, and tried to stay as calm as possible and use only the conscious mechanisms needed for accommodation and vergence and nothing else.  It seemed helpful.  I'm going to try and be more aware of this with future light tube exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment