Monday, December 25, 2023

Why it's such a long ramp

 I suspect the reason it's such a long ramp is because there are so many things that are being fixed behind the scenes.  One is the difference in simultaneous accommodation between the two eyes.  Another is the cyclodeviation (which I suspect is being fixed in software).  Perhaps there's additional software accommodations that are being made for the difference in refractive index for each eye.  So there's a lot to tend to that I'm kind of bulldozing my way through.  It's nice how accommodating the brain is for imperfections.  

Regardless.  I had an amazing day today.  Again, I saw massive improvements today.  Like, driving my car, I notice the normal double pair of road lines that are due to diplopia (sounds more dangerous than it actually is--I'm used to it).  The pair of road lines has nagged at me, because I can see the twist due to the cyclodeviation.  But today, I'm noticing the twist is way less, and the double images are closing in on one another.  Fusion cannot be far away.  I'm thinking another three to four weeks.  I had a pretty good session of PavlovVR today.  There was one point where I had a new sensation and I felt like it was about to fuse.  The double images suddenly got real close to one another, and it was effortless.  It didn't happen, but it was close.  I kinda suspect I might get fusion in VR first, because the eyes need to move less in VR, and because the stereo cues are so artificially exagerrated and powerful in VR.

No comments:

Post a Comment