Thursday, December 7, 2023

Might not need correction, but going to get it anyway

 I've got an optometrist appointment coming soon to fix the refractive difference between the eyes (left eye sees better up close, right eye sees better far away).  

I recently made a small change in my diet which made me realize I was not in ketosis for a long time.  It's frustrating how easy it is to fall out of ketosis if you're not paying attention.  Anyway, all of the benefits of ketosis suddenly came back in, and my vision has again, improved quite a lot in response to the dietary change.  I'm seeing the double images come significantly closer, and it's like I have a lot more 'visual power' if you will.  I highly recommend the ketogenic diet for adults doing vision therapy.  

It's possible that I don't need correction in refraction, but I'm going to do it anyway.  It's not as expensive as I thought.  It can't hurt.  Worst case scenario, the contacts will just sit on my bathroom shelf.

Man, all these little things add up.  The exercises, the cold exposure, and the ketogenic diet.  I think I'm going to continue doing these things even after I achieve all my goals, because there's a reason these things help with the eyes.  They help the brain perform.  The eyes are the brain.  So that means these things I've learned in fixing my vision will be useful and helpful to me for as long as I have my brain--the duration of my life.  I do want to become proficient at Spanish, and perhaps become equivalent to a native Spanish speaker.  Is that possible at the age of 40-ish?  Will these things I've learned help me achieve that?  We will certainly find out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment