Saturday, July 6, 2013

#29 session

This session was alright--there was nothing notable about it.  It does seem like the saccades are going a little backwards, a little harder, particularly at the bottom right and bottom left extremes.  It's probably because my vision is better later in the day and I'm still waking up.  I expect to perhaps see some changes today, because I finally caught up on my sleep.  I slept about nine hours.

I definitely noticed changes last night when I was staring into the light tube.  The exercise is still a lot of work, even though the hypertropia is almost gone.  This is because I have a lot more control over the 'lazy eye' and any hypertropia that's there is getting pushed out.  It's now fighting a losing battle.  I notice that the lazy eye image is getting a lot more detailed, as well.  Little pieces of dust and hairs are becoming noticeable on the frosted lens.  It was different from how I had seen it before.

I had talked about this probably ten sessions ago about one of the things that I had noticed.  This is one of the beautiful things about light tube exercises.  The stressfulness\exhaustion factor remains roughly the same regardless of what stage of progress you're in.  Granted, some days are easier than others.  The first day was just about unbearable for me.  But the reason it stays at about the same level of stressfulness is because initially you have a high level of misalignment that you're fighting.  This makes it difficult.  But your brain isn't engaging the eye that much.  This makes it easier.  As you progress and your eyes are in the final stages of aligning themselves you would think that fixing any detectable misalignment would be easy because there's much less to correct.  But because there's less correction to be made, the brain is much more actively engaging the lazy eye.  So this makes it harder.  The result is that the difficultly remains roughly the same regardless of where you're at in terms of progress.  This means that you're in the Goldilocks Zone the whole freaking time, which is a thing of beauty.  This is ideally where you should be.  Fred Brock would have shat himself if he'd known about the light tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment