Thursday, July 4, 2013

#27 session

It's mind-blowing to me that I haven't even been doing light tube exercises for a month.  It's been about 26 days and my progress has been amazing so far.  I didn't expect to be done after ten sessions like Heather.  She said that her vision had already improved a lot when she was doing sensory training.  So she sort of already had a head start.

Today's and last night's sessions were pretty strenuous workouts.  Some days it's very easy to lay each image on top of one another; other days it's not, per se, hard or painful, but work-intensive.  That was the case for today's exercise up until around the ten minute mark.  Then it was pretty easy and I was doing my best to make both of the images sharp.

The saccades were about par for how they've been going in the last three or four sessions.  But then about ten minutes in, they got significantly more accurate.  The only area now where the lazy eye doesn't jump right on target is the extreme bottom right.  It tries to get close, but there's a persistent need to push it over there, and it lazily drags itself the rest of the distance to the target.

Vision in general is improving.  I did mention in previous entries that I play video games with nVidia's 3d Vision kit.  For games that are programmed in a certain way you can play them in stereoscopic 3d.  Stereoscopic gaming has been around for a long time, but this particular kit is the first product that makes for a good experience.

Anyway, I play these games in between exercises, because I believe that the system stimulates the binocular neurons a lot.  One game I've been playing, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is particularly good, especially with the cutscenes.  It's a turn-based game, so when you choose an action, you'll see a quick action sequence in which a camera follows one of your soldiers from close up.  Sometimes when you move in an explored area, you'll see a cutscene in which an alien pops up.  It's so big and so up close it makes me jump back.  Another awesome thing is the atmospheric effects, like things floating in the air, like ash or snow.  Every once in a while if I glimpse at it right, I will get a nice stereo effect.  These stereo effects seem to occur with greater frequency as I progress.  It's exciting to think that these small glimpses of stereo is how I will eventually see all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment