Monday, February 26, 2024

This is definitely working (vision therapy is 90% technique, 7% persistence, 3% hard work)

 Man.  What a lesson to learn.  I've been thinking about what it takes to be successful in vision therapy as I approach the end.  The more I think about it, success in vision therapy is 90% technique, 7% persistence, 3% hard work.  It doesn't matter how hard you work.  If you're doing the wrong things, you'll never succeed.  That sounds, and indeed feels right (because it is).  But that extends far beyond vision therapy.  It's similar to the Abraham Lincoln quote:

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.  

--Abraham Lincoln

When you're doing the right things, results should come fast.  Hard work is important, but overrated, in my estimation.  By far the most important thing is doing the right things.  Everything else is secondary.   Persistence is second, because persistence is what allows you to eventually discover what works.  The remaining is hard work, whatever the hell that even means.  

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” 
  
--Bill Gates

The tricky part is learning and discovering effective technique.  You may not learn it from a vision therapist.  You may have to figure it out on your own through experimentation and an ungodly amount of persistence.


My current regimen is definitely working.  Double vision is going away.  My weak eye is getting stronger.   

No comments:

Post a Comment