Tuesday, January 23, 2024

What's taking so long?

Well... I'm not sure that things are indeed taking so long.  I'm grinding my ass off and loving it.  

I think part of why things are taking so long for me is my accommodation reflex: it's difficult, and takes so much work for me to plant my eyes on a piece of paper.  That needs to happen in order for fusion to occur.  That has to happen in order for my eyes to fuse and read the same piece of text with both of my eyes.  It is a bitch.  But I am doing the correct things at the moment.  I flattening on my eyes on the paper, for around an hour a day.  It is tough, and incredibly work-intensive.  But it is paying off, and I do see my vision improving at a rapid pace.   

Naturally the accommodation reflex is going to be a bit out-of-whack for people who have had strabismus their entire life.  There is naturally going to be variability in out-of-whack-ness between people.  I think that may be the biggest contributor for why this is so work-intensive for me.  However, it's only been a bit over a month since I've made the correct adjustments to my regimen.  Things are going fast.  Keep going.  
























This is the sheet of paper I've been putting hundreds of hours into practicing on.  You can see the oil build-up and hole from my hands gasping this thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment