Saturday, January 13, 2024

What am I currently doing? What do I put into my body?

Heh, what a nut I am.  I do quite a lot.

Here's the current regimen.  I wake up, do a 15-minute workout consisting of 10 pull-ups, 40 push-ups, and six deadlifts (315lbs).  I do three supersets of that, which takes around 15 minutes.  Then I go directly to the cold plunge, and submerge my entire body 35º F water for about five minutes.  Then I eat a large four-egg omelet, with lots of butter and cheddar cheese.  Then I wash that down with about two liters of green tea I make with my French press over the next few hours. 

I use quite a bit of supplements that I take with the omelet.  Beef liver tablets, lecithin, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin D3, turmeric, rare-fraction alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme q10 (Ubquinol), a large swig of cod liver oil,  Ashwaganda, and Lion's Mane extract.

Lately I've been doing red light therapy for about 20 minutes before doing exercises.  I'm not sure it does anything yet, but I think it does.  Interestingly, it would appear I'm doing Syntonics again.  Full circle. 

Sometimes I will pop a Nicorette before I do the Columns workout.  I read that nicotine is a drug (among others, like Adderall) which increases neuroplasticity.  Nicotine is not good for you (though it's not terrible), but I do not think I'll be using it for very long.  I'm sort of using it strategically for the stimulant effects, the effects it has on neuroplasticity, as well as the anti-inflammatory effects it has on the body. 

Then I'll do the Columns workout for around 1-1.5 hours while chewing the Nicorette.

Then I basically fast all day, and then eat a bunch of cream and broccoli soup I made in large batches and which I thaw out.  In terms of macronutritents, it's basically all fat and some trace amounts of protein.  I'll eat that with some spinach, and chicken that I've thawed out and grilled.  I eat about 20 grams of chicken, so we're talking maybe around a total of 60 grams of protein a day, and the rest is fat.  So... we're talking pretty low protein, so I force my body to stay in fat-burning mode (ketosis), which helps with vision, vision therapy, and cognition in general.  

Later in the day I'll try to do two hours of VR, or for as long as I can bear it, which is around two hours.  I think VR helps with integration, because of the power of the binocular cues it provides.  I think the Columns workout works to get the eyes working together, and to tune the accommodation reflex, as well as eye coordination.  Then the VR works to tell the brain, 'Hey, here's some input you can use.  Now start using it.  Open the channel.'.  

My night time supplement cocktail is zinc, magnesium threonate, apigenin, l-theanine, Tongkat Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment