Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Full circle

 It seems like this journey has come full circle.  

The reason for the name of the blog is something called Syntonics, which a friend I know from an online group had used to basically turbocharge her neurons to make vision therapy much more productive--essentially strategically increasing neuroplasticity.  

Well, I had done it for at least a year or two.  It didn't do much in the way of improving the rate of my results.  

I had also done something called tDCS, which I had written about in previous entries, which stands for transcranial direct current stimulation.  The idea is similar to Syntonics.  However, instead of using light to stimulate neurons and increase neuroplasticity, you're stimulating neurons a bit more directly with applied direct current on the scalp.  tDCS is interesting, but like Syntonics, it also didn't do much in the way of increasing the rate of results.  

However... several years later, I did discover something which substantively improved neuroplasticity, and had a huge impact on the rate of results.  It is cold exposure.  Yes... well it didn't just improve vision, and neuroplasticity, but cognitive function in general.  I feel like I've gained maybe 10 IQ points, possibly more, with this daily three-minute therapy.  

I can't say for certain, obviously, but I do feel like I'm going to achieve my goals within two weeks... maybe less.  The rate of improvement I've noticed is absolutely insane.  

That's really what it is... my eye hardware has been good and fine the entire time.  The limiting factor has been the inflammation in my brain this entire freaking time.  And I'm willing to bet the same is true for many others with this condition.  It is the brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment