Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Rolling around and smaller glasses

 I'm so close I can taste it.  But I still have at least a few more weeks to go.  

Lately, I've changed the way I do Columns a bit.  It's something I've done a lot in the past, but it seems more relevant to me now.  It's what I call 'rolling', where I look at one symbol (it's either a number or letter) on the left eye, and I slowly roll over to the corresponding signal on the right side.  I do it slowly, so that I can spread myself across the eyes.  I've seen huge improvement in this domain, because I can now seamlessly switch between eyes, so I can sort of pseudocontrol both eyes simultaneously.  This is, after all, what I'm going for.  I think it may be bearing fruit.  I just got done with today's session.

Also, I recently bought +.75 Diopter reading glasses and then popped out the left-side lens.  So I've been using that instead of +1 Diopter, because I want the sides to be as even in size as possible.  

Progress is simultaneously slow and fast.  It definitely feels like I've got a lot of locked in gains over the weeks.  Double vision is almost entirely gone, with the exception of a few key areas (like my feet).  So I still have a bit more work to go, but the progress has been undeniable, especially when looking at my eyes in the mirror.  They're almost straight.  I'm so close.  I think I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, keep the pedal on the metal, check in every few weeks.  

Also, I put myself on an email list for Optics Trainer VR Home.  I assume it's like Vivid Vision, but they say the software will be released this month.  So I'm excited to try it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment