Thursday, June 6, 2024

What's happening now

I think what's doing most of the work is the anti-suppression exercises I'm doing.  I've mentioned it in other entries, but briefly, it's Game-Blyopia, which uses red/green filter glasses.  Under them, I have +1 diopter reading glasses with the lens popped out on the left side.  For maybe 2-3 weeks I used +1.5, and I think that was a mistake.  The difference in the size of the image on each side was too different.  When I switched to +1.0, I noticed the difference.  

And it is making a huge difference.  It feels like it's all coming together.  So, my theory is that I had very strong suppression, because for most of my life I never had double vision.  My brain adapted exceedingly well to strabismus.  That made life easier for then.  But it also means that I have an especially large amount of work to do now.  Fortunately, I think I have all the pieces in place, and I just have to keep my pedal on the metal and undo the suppression with my anti-suppression exercises.  

I've been toying with the idea of doing more Brock String to work on mobility, but I kinda already do it by doing neighborhood walks and cruising around on my OneWheel.  Can't hurt.  I have the string already, may need to create another acrylic concentric ring-type deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment