Thursday, March 28, 2024

Right eye is getting stronger still

 Yeah, this is taking some time still, but I do feel like progress is real (not imaginary) and rapid still.  

One of the biggest things on my mind is the power of my right eye.  There is less and less difference between the two sides (still a bit of a difference).  It just tells me that I'm still doing the right stuff.  

The difference is mostly noted when playing Pavlov VR.  I don't have a whole view of the gun, but I am beginning to feel depth in a strange way.  I can see the gun from both sides at the same time (one for each eye).  Still, the right side is a bit weaker, and turned off.  So it still has strengthening and work to go, but as it gets stronger, I suppose, both input channels will become fully 'on', and I'm predicting my vision will become super solid.  I'm wondering if there's going to be a perceptual shift as I go from 2d to 3d, or if the switch will be smooth and unnoticeable.  

One sort of unexpected thing is how much bigger my field of vision is now in Pavlov.  Especially when I pop open a menu.  It takes up my whole field of vision.  How could strengthening my amblyopic eye have such a powerful perceived change in the whole of my vision?  It is crazyyy... I'm beginning to get an idea of how different it is to have binocular vision vs monocular vision.  

Keep going.  Another two week.  Check back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment