Tuesday, May 24, 2022

If your workouts aren't challenging and work-intensive, you're probably not achieving anything

I just thought of that, because I couldn't help but notice the relationship between the change in the quality of my vision with the challenge and difficulty level of the exercise of my new workout regimen: reading books.  

Maybe 'difficulty' isn't the right word.   It's really just attention and work when I shift over from left to right when I read pages.  The left eye image is quite a bit stronger still.  So when I switch over to the right eye, I can't immediately get all of the text.  I have to sit there, and linger there a second and really turn up the power in order to absorb all the text within one saccade by leveraging the peripheral vision.  This does seem to make a big difference.  

Man, I've come so far, it's unbelievable.  I remember I used to avoid reading for the longest time, because my eyes had this 'stickiness' when I read books for long periods of time, like they would want to stay converged.  This issue appears to have gone away.  I apparently no longer having any issues with reading for long periods of time.   Indeed, it seems to only have a positive impact (provided that I'm reading the right way).

No comments:

Post a Comment