Tuesday, March 1, 2022

What am I up to?

I've been watching a lot of TV a fair bit these days instead of reading books or playing games in VR. I've been doing this because I've been noticing that it's easy to do vision therapy while watching TV.   

A conversation comes to mind: one that I had with Heather probably eight years ago or so.  She's someone who was born stereoblind, like myself, but who gained stereopsis through vision therapy.  I've talked about her quite a bit in the past.  She's actually the reason for this blog and it's why this blog is called Vision Therapy With Syntonics even though I haven't done Syntonics in a LONG time.  She told me about Syntonics.  She seems to think that it did something to her brain which vastly accelerated vision therapy results.  

Anyway.  She said that one of the exercises she did was called Columns, which you have a sheet with columns of letters with a cardboard divider.  You would switch from one eye to another while reading the columns going from the outside to the inside.  I actually made a crappy video explaining it here.  It's quite nice. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K49r34wN91g&t=4s

She said that this was the exercise she was doing when her vision really began to come in.  She said that when she did the exercise that 'it felt good'.  

That's what I've been thinking about.  Now, when I know when I'm doing things with my vision that's productive.  It feels good.  That's the feeling I have when I am able to produce good binocular posture when watching TV these days, and that's why I've been choosing this activity over others as of recent.

No comments:

Post a Comment