Saturday, March 26, 2022

Watching a lot of TV in my free time

 Lately, I've been watching a lot of TV in my free time to the exclusion of other things, like playing VR and working on the house.  This is because I think it is time well spent.

I spent quite a bit of time looking at people's faces, and then switching back to my thumb, and then to the window to my left, which is intermediate in distance of my thumb and the TV.  So I can switch between these objects with regularly improving accuracy.  The double vision is always there, but it's improving quite a bit at a regular clip.  

Really what I'm focusing on is improvement, and the feeling that is now associated with building the  muscle that is my binocular posture: wearing in the groove.  I know what the feeling is now.  It took so long to develop a sense of what it is, and now that I have it, I can't ignore it.  I just want to work on it with every spare moment and press down on it as hard as I can, until I've achieved my goals.  Now that I know what to do, it's hard for me stop doing it, and it's hard to me to justify spending my time doing other things.

I'm still experimenting a lot with the different ways in which I look at the TV, and really trying to focus through both eyes.  It's pretty tricky, because the two eyes are not equal.  The left eye input is a still a bit bigger and clearer, but perhaps this is stretching things, and getting me closer.  When I split my attention between the eyes it does feel good, and this is what I'm using as a guide.  I still do play a fair bit of VR, and I've noticed the 3d effects are getting much more powerful as a consequence of these exercises, decreased suppression, and improved gaze accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment