Monday, June 10, 2013

#3 session

This session was almost the exact same as the previous session.  It was pretty easy.  I cannot seem to replicate the extreme pain that I encountered in the first session.  There is still the hypertropia, but it seems to be quite a bit less pronounced.  What this should mean is that I shouldn't see the hypertropia when I look at myself in the mirror, or it should be less obvious.

This does seem to be the case.  I have noticed that in the past four or five months that my hypertropia has gone down quite a bit, but that could be a result of the anti-hypertropia prism exercises that I'd been doing.  That said, after that first session, the hypertropia seems much easier to control than ever before.

Also, when I do saccade exercises, I notice that my lazy eye is much quicker and more accurate.  It does seem, from my perspective, that this is a direct cause-and-effect relationship to what I'd been doing with the light tube.  I feel like I can establish cause-and-effect because it's only been three days that I'd been doing this.

As I get better at exercises, I begin to notice that I'm consistently faced with new choices in the way that I use my eyes.  For example, I have diplopia, which means that I see two of everything at all times and one of the constant goals that I have when exercising is to use the correct 'posture' so that the two images (one per eye) are laying on top of one another so that I don't have diplopia.  When I do saccades, my normal eye instantly and perfectly jumps to the target, while the lazy eye image lags behind, and instead of instantly being on the target, it sort of lazily drifts toward where the other eye already was.  The mentality I always had was to just get that lazy eye where it's supposed to be as quickly and accurately as possible.  But lately, I'd been thinking about it differently.  Instead of commanding it to do what it should be doing, I've started to be able to occupy its place mentally.  This enables me to much more naturally control it.  But really, this is the way I'm supposed to be.  I'm not supposed to be behind my right eye (non-lazy eye).  I'm supposed to be behind both eyes.  I'm not supposed to prefer one eye over another.  It's just difficult because this is the way it's always been.

Regardless, I'm pretty excited about the light tube and seeing what kind of effects it may have on me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've read quite a few of your posts about your experience with syntonics and was wondering how things have stabilized for you. I'm a vision therapist in Olympia and have been studying syntonics on my own for the past couple years but haven't yet incorporated it into the VT program in the office where I work.

    I visit a friend of mine two or three times a year who has done a lot of work with light, and she's been mentoring my syntonics interest. She gave me a set of the Optomatters lenses during my most recent visit and I've been experimenting with them a little bit, and have even let a couple of my strabismus patients take some home to work with. Any other insights you could pass along would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete