Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Expecting perceptual shift soon

 I've talked in previous entries how there's a little dance I notice between subjective and objective markers of improvement, and that there doesn't seem to be a 1:1 correlation between the two.  Like if I see objective improvement is convergence and my ability to lock on objects with both eyes, it doesn't necessarily correlate with increased brightness, perceived detail, or depth.  However, they do seem to track each other imperfectly.  So if I notice a ton of objective improvement, and I don't yet have the corresponding subjective improvement, I know I am 'due' for subjective improvement and changes in qualia in the near-term.  That describes my current situation pretty well.  I am due for some changes.  That's kind of where VR comes in.  For some reason, the stereo cues are so artificially ramped up in VR that I can more easily gauge where I am on the subjective side.

No comments:

Post a Comment