Saturday, February 25, 2023

Long ramp (it is the brain)

 I realized it's been a while since I'd done an update--not so much because there's nothing exciting to say.  I don't have anything exciting or new to say.  This is just an update.  

I have nothing exciting or interesting to say, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited.  It's just that progress is so damn smooth.   I am noticing regular weekly changes.  I periodically think about how things might be different if I had a vision therapist and did what they recommended: getting prism glasses, and doing this or that.  But I'm happy with how things are going. 

I really think now more and more that it is the brain.  That's the bottleneck.  These weekly improvements to my vision (reduced diplopia, improved accommodation agreement between the eyes, improved cosmetics (the appearance of my eyes looks normal now--less perceived misalignment)).  My hardware (eyes and eye muscles and whatnot) is all good.  What's needed now is time, and for my visual system to get used using the new path that I've painstakingly paved for it. 

If that's true, then it may be time to get out the electrodes again, and begin combining stimulating my visual cortex with tDCS (transcranial direct current stimulation) again with other activities that stimulate my binocular neurons.   Maybe... get the cathodes on the occipital lobes for 20 minutes or so, and then do VR for an hour or so... in order to tell the brain that I mean business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment