Sunday, September 25, 2022

Making steady and fast progress. Getting antsy.

 Things are going splendidly.  I just got done with a long neighborhood walk, was looking around the house, surprised by the recent changes I'm noticing.  Diplopia is lessening still.  Things are still moving and improving qualitatively at a regular and brisk clip.  Things have not slowed down.  I just wonder how much more time it will take, and whether further progress will require changes to the current regimen of 'special' reading (can't really call it 'special' reading any longer, as it's become a habit), plus VR.  

How much more time will it take?  I've been thinking that... and what will happen when I hit the threshold where the coordination and corresponding input is so good that the eyes are both 100% on all of the time. 

It's kind of a scary thought.  And it should be coming soon.  As said, this train ain't stopping.  I kind of think all I need to do is just keep going, and eventually the coordination will be perfect, and both eyes will be eventually on 100%.  Will it be a smooth ramp?  Will it go from 50, to 60, to 70, to 80, to 90, to 95, to 98 percent?  Or will it go from 50, to 90,  to 100% in a matter of days?  I don't know.  I will have to find out.  

I mention this because I was thinking about an experience I had in April where it felt like both of the eyes were 100% on, but for only an instant.  It was incredibly jarring.  Even though it was only for an instant, it gave me a jolt, and it made me realize how different my vision really is from the vision of normal people.  The impression that I'm getting is that going from my vision to full stereo is going to be incredibly shocking and overwhelming.  It is a very, very different way of seeing.  

And this lines up 100% with what people have said about transitioning from stereoblindness to full stereoscopic vision.  It is a very interesting thing reading  the accounts of people who went from stereoblindness to full stereoscopic vision (whether they achieved their goals with vision therapy, or surgery).  Reason it's on my mind is because it feels like I'm getting so close.  It's getting very real to me now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment