Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Something new happened recently

Recently, the state of my vision has me thinking more and more about Zeno's Paradox.  The more improvement I make, the more distance I realize I have to still cover: the more work that still needs to be accomplished.  It sucks, kinda, but at the same time the improvement is continual, and I cannot deny it.  So I really have no choice but to keep going.  

The changes I'm experiencing are real.  Something new happened recently that never happened before.  I got a real jarring sense of what non-suppression is.  For a brief instant both eyes were fully on, or so at least that's how it appeared.  It was pretty overwhelming and overstimulating.  Then it immediately went away and I did not experience it again.  

I recall reading accounts of these types of experiences from other people: jarring and intense experiences of non-suppression when one is not accustomed to it--whether those instances of non-suppression are accompanied by stereopsis or not.  Either way, it's incredibly intense, unexpected, and overwhelming.  

It was only for an instant, but it was real and unmistakable, and it was a first.  And my vision now is definitely in a different places than it was a week ago.  Probably an indication of more changes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment