Friday, September 17, 2021

I may have stereopsis in a few weeks

Holy shit, things are happening fast.  I want to document this because I don't want to forget this moment. 

I said I might have it in a few months, but things are now changing so fast.  I
feel like I understand my visual system so much better now.  I am constantly consciously adjusting, but it's taking less and less of a mental toll in order to do so.  

These adjustments I'm making to my visual system--it feels good.  It feels like kind of tucking in your shirt.  But I'm doing it with my eyes.  And it's hard to say exactly what it is I'm doing when I do it.  But it feels like I have conscious control of 'powering on' my eyes--and there's like this attention... this entity that is somewhere between my eyes and he's sort of moving from one eye to another, like a balance board.  And I can kind of use my attention to squash him down right in the flat center of the two eyes.  When I do that, it feels awesome, and I know that this action is wearing in a groove in my circuitry--so that using my eyes in this way becomes habitual, and less demanding of my attention.  

I was thinking of an analogy.  It's a bit like a spinning coin.  When it's about to flatten down, it suddenly becomes violent, loud, and chaotic until it suddenly stops--lying flat.  That violent, loud, and chaotic moment is where I currently reside.

No comments:

Post a Comment