Thursday, August 6, 2020

Yep... ah!

Had a great day today.  

Man, it feels like a lot is happening.  Pandemic.  Civil unrest.  My vision coming online.  Learning a fuckload of interesting new things at my job.  My brain certainly has quite a bit to keep itself busy.

I just noticed things are very bright, is all.  And I know what that is. It's both eyes coming online simultaneously.  At the end of the day now I'm exhausted, despite having slept great last night.  Also, things look a lot straighter.  Stereo cues are sharpening.  I remember playing Half-Life: Alyx last night.  There was a shelf with a bunch of things on it.  Cups, cans, tools.  I remember being up close, looking at them.  Noticing I wasn't seeing mere renderings.  I was seeing space between the objects.  It is quite awesome.  And frankly, in this moment I'm sort of grateful that this is not happening all at once.  I get to see the improvement.  Check in.  See what's changed.  It's great.  

As said in previous blogs, my vision therapy is now kind of on autopilot: things are now improving by themselves--automatically--now that the proper habits have been established.  

But thinking about what's going on under the hood--I know a lot is going on in my brain in the meantime.  I am tired quite a bit, particularly at the end of the day.  And lately, frankly, I've been up and down a lot.  Almost a type of bipolar, although that's probably wrong.  Like on Sunday I just felt like shit for no apparent reason.  Like, really down in the dumps.  And then on Monday it was gone.  I mean, when you change the architecture of your brain, you can't know with precision what impact you're going to have on what it does.  

I just need to follow the road.  Can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting reading about your visual progress. Has it affected your artistic abilities at all?

    ReplyDelete